With the opening of Save The Children in Bay Terrace, where the Endeavour Foundation used to be, Wynnum Central maintains its spot at (or near) the top of the op shop list for Brisbane.
The op shopping guide on Google is a little out-of date. Here are the changes…
- Endeavour closed, shop now occupied by Save The Children
- St Vincent de Paul (Vinnies) now in Edith Street
- Salvation Army (Salvos) now has 2 stores in Wynnum – a general store in Bay Terrace and a furniture storein Edith Street (which moved from Tingal Road)
- Asthma Foundation closed
Alongside the seven op shops there are also a few other spots (picture above) where you can hunt down secondhand bargains. Try…
- Wynnum Manly Loan Office (Edith Street) for a whole range of things from musical instruments to tools to replica firearms and music equipment and more
- Bayside Books (Bay Terrace) for a pretty big selection of secondhand books, magazines and various other items
- Creative [email protected] Market (Florence Street) for all manner of things -this is a real treasure trove whether you are looking for books, vinyl records and a huge range of all sorts of memorabilia and collectibles
And when you’re finished, there’s no shortage of coffee shops to grab that coffee!